ISO 22000:2005 Food Safety Management System
ISO 22000 certification will most benefit companies looking for an interconnected, internationally-recognized food safety management system. ISO 22000 may be required by some feed customers, but it is also good business, providing a framework for consistent management, accountability, continuous improvement and communication.
Implementing ISO 22000 in an organization results in a more robust food safety management system and potential access to new market opportunities. Benefits include:
- • Internationally-recognized, harmonized standard for controlling food safety hazards
- • Flexibility, allowing it to be applied to all organizations in the food supply chain, thus encouraging cooperation in addressing food safety hazards
- • Possible integration of the food safety and quality management schemes within an organization (e.g. ISO 9001)
- • Provides a framework for management commitment, communication with suppliers and customers, and continuous improvement of the food safety system
- • Demonstrates an organization's commitment to food safety