OHSAS 18001:2007 Health Safety Management Systems
By becoming registered to the ISO 18001 Health & Safety Management System you are committing to upholding health and safety standards, eliminating or minimizing risk to employees and other interested parties who may be exposed to such risks within the organization.
Its key requirements and benefits are:
- 1. HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY endorsed and authorized by the organization's top management
- 2. PLANNING for hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control. Organizations need to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- 3. IMPLEMENTATION & OPERATION by documenting OH&S responsibilities and providing adequate resources including training for personnel.
- 4. CHECKING & CORRECTIVE ACTION to monitor and measure OH&S performance. Accidents, incidents, non-conformances must be investigated. Corrective and preventive actions must be taken.
- 5. MANAGEMENT REVIEW by top management to review the suitability, adequacy and effectiveness of the OH&S management system.