ISO 14001:2009 Environment Management Systems
By becoming registered to the ISO 14001 Environment Management System you are committing to protecting the environment, preventing pollution and improving the overall environmental performance.
Its key requirements and benefits are:
- 1. IDENTIFY ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT of any activity, product, or service
- 2. MEET LEGAL REQUIREMENTS
- 3. DEVELOP AN ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY to demonstrate the commitment to protecting the environment
- 4. SET ENVIRONMENTAL OBJECTIVES for all relevant functions and levels within the organization that is consistent with the environmental policy.
- 5. IMPLEMENT ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY by creating programs and allocating responsibility for implementing the environmental policy.
- 6. IMPROVE ENVIRONMENTAL PERFORMANCE by monitoring, measuring, auditing and reviewing the Environment Management System and taking appropriate corrective and preventive actions.